Sunday, June 15, 2008

~My Weekend~Happy Fathers Day~



I thought I might update my blog today as it has been some time.... It's amazing how time gets away from us. Well my last few days and weekend have been busy as usual. I had my friends daughter's graduation party.. That was fun... I made Megan a personalized card with her, the graduate on the front. It was a neat card. I will finally get my camera back tomorrow as my Hubby will be arriving Monday evening at the Minneapolis airport from Amman, Jordan.

Also this weekend my brother and I check out a new coffee shop in Mankato. The atmosphere is very serene and authentic. They have excellent Brevo a coffee drink with coffee, milk, and froth on the top. We shared a chocolate cupcake with the most yummiest cream inside, ohhhhhhhhhh to die for.... can you say DELICIOUS, yummyyyy....

We also stopped in at one of the local thrift stores. I found a few good finds; 3 cds, 3 shirts, and a cute plate with a cat that is grinning a big cheesy smile (find of the day), 50 cents.

And today, Sunday I made Rhubarb, strawberry crisp with organic rolled oats. I tried a few of my own ideas, a little twist. I added fresh squeezed orange juice, and vanilla. I also made a strawberry, rhubarb sauce.. They are both very tasty, thank you.... My son that the crisp is DELICIOUS.. he has not tried the sauce yet that I mainly made it for my grandma.

Today the weather is beautiful.. A bit windy but I can handle this type of summer day. I am going to paint a piece outside by my steps as the paint was starting to chip away. I need to get the house in order as hubby will be home tomorrow..... I miss him so much. It was our 7th Anniversary on June, Friday the 13th. We are so much in LOVE, just like the first day we met..... I know we have moments but the good out weighs the bad stuff... I am thankful for my hubby. And I must wish him a Happy Fathers Day. He is not here to share but we called him. My father passed away when I was 6 years old. I miss him as much as I can remember of him. He died August 28th, 1978. It will be 30 years this August WOW, unbelievable. Although, I wish my step-father a Happy Fathers Day as he has been in our lives for the past20 years. It just isn't the same. My life, and my family changed on the dreary day back in August of 1978. Life goes on with or without you. I also want to send out my deepest sorrows to all of the people that have lost their loved ones, and belongings from all of the flooding and tornadoes lately. It's a very heart wrenching site to see.

As always,

Smiles Kimbella~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Kim, I hope your spouse's return is joyous for you and your son. I just wanted to let you know that Angels Among Us is going to Lydia's House one day this week-very possibly tomorrow morning. I had it framed, with a spacer and museum glass to protect your canvas. It looks awesome! I added a small brass plaque to the frame showing your title, and the statement 'given in memory of Dr. Thomas J. Conran.' I will take a picture. I also printed out your blog information, as the artist, and put a copy on the back. You should be very proud of your talents, and the fact that you will be displayed in the very environment where your story may bring hope to others-look what you've accomplished with the gifts you have been given. God Bless!! Pat H.

Kimberly Megdadi said...

Thanks so much Patricia... My hubby did return safely and I am so happy he is back home~ I can't wait to see a picture...I am humbled by your kind words~ I have been blessed and someone has surely been looking over me~

Thank you and peace to you also~
Kimbella

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed